ASIAN LETTUCE CUPS
- 150g Simpleas Mince
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chopped ginger (or ginger paste)
- 2 fine chopped lemon grass stalks (or lemongrass paste)
- 1 tbs fish sauce (or vegan substitute)
- 1 tbs soy sauce (or vegan substitute
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 6 small spring onions, sliced into rounds
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
Soak 150g Simpleas Mince in 400ml boiling water or vegetable stock. Cover and set aside for 20 mins.
Heat 2 tbs oil in a pan. Add garlic, ginger, lemongrass, half of the chilli and cook for a further minute.
Add the Simpleas Mince along with any remaining liquid, the rest of the ingredients, and a further 200ml of water or stock to the pan. Add fish sauce and soy sauce.
Simmer for 30 mins.
Season to taste and cook for a further 15-30 minutes until tender. Add spring onions and cook for a further minute until softened. Remove from heat and stir in half of chopped coriander.
Serve in little gem lettuce “cups”, garnished with remainder of chopped coriander, chopped peanuts, remainder of red chilli.